Free Inquiry: Working out the Kinks

Armed with my newfound love of stitch-markers, I feel like I’m finally on track. It took a bit of work, but I seem to have figured out the pattern, and now the actual knitting of the scarf is fairly smooth sailing. As you can see from the photos below, there’s quite a difference between how it looks with all the mistakes I was making at the beginning and the lovely pattern that has now emerged.

One regret I have is that once I finally figured out all the places I was going wrong in the pattern, I should have taken apart the work and started again. There still remains about an inch or so of very messy knitting at the bottom of my scarf, but I’m too far into it now to go back. That being said, I think if I just make sure to tuck that bit in at the bottom, it should be completely wearable. However, I had first meant for this scarf to be a gift for a friend of mine, but I think I’ll knit another one for her instead…hopefully with fewer mistakes now that I’ve honed my skills just a bit more.