Free Inquiry: Putting Yarn to Needle

I was finally able to fit in a trip to get some yarn the other day, so I am able to officially begin the process of putting what I’ve learned into action and start knitting.

I decided to try out the time lapse function on my phone for the first time to capture my efforts casting on and knitting (well, purling, actually) the first row.

Try this link if the video above does not play: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itptyT1ym-LGr1lGlf99SnDdR7YwN0Do/view?usp=sharing

(I wonder if looking into strategies for improving posture should be my next free inquiry project…)

Casting on was a success, aided by some helpful stitch markers. It may be difficult to see due to the speed of the video, but there is a look of frustrated confusion on my face at the very end of the clip. It is possible that I have made a mistake in how I’ve joined the work in the round (the act of slipping a stitch from the beginning and ends of the cast-on in order to make the work into a loop). My next course of action is to consult some more experienced knitters in a knitting Facebook group I’m a part of and see what they have to say before I go any further.